Saturday, September 2, 2017

3D Week 02 (Minecraft-ish Level)

This week's 3D assignment was to create a small level in the style of Minecraft using blocks with a pixel style texture.

First I made the same sort of cube we used for the first assignment.



Here I laid out the UVs for the texture to show up nice and flat.


I painted several different textures to represent the different objects in the scene and created material instances in UE4 for each one.





I love floating islands and something about the atmosphere of UE4 makes me want to create this sort of high fantasy edge-of-the-world place. Creating organic forms from cubes was very challenging. I manually placed every cube, and that effort really made me appreciate the algorithms that Minecraft uses to procedurally create this type of environment.






No comments:

Post a Comment